Improving transport, parking and connectivity
The Croydon Partnership’s proposals will improve the accessibility and attractiveness of Croydon town Centre.
How will we do this?
- The tram stop in George street will be relocated to improve access and meet the needs of the Mid Croydon Master Plan
- Remodelling Wellesley Road will enhance the public realm for pedestrians and encourage the use of public transport
- Remodelling major junctions addresses long term road congestion that has had a negative impact on local businesses
- A new 3,500 spaces car park using modern technology will make parking easier and safer
- We have carried out extensive transport studies to ensure our plans will deliver a town centre scheme which respects the needs of its residents
- A new 24 hour pedestrian link to complete the East/West link between Wellesey Road and North End with the new train bridge at East Croydon and Wellesley Road crossing
- Improved connections North/South through the heart of the site to the wider town centre